All For HIM Marketing Solutions Inc.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Resolution Time

I've never much been a fan of New Year's Resolutions.  Why?  Because, I figure, that if someone has to wait until Jan 1 to begin their new thing, then they aren't that serious about it.  Most NYRs are based on something that people have "had enough of" something or someone realizing that time is passing and they need to make a change.  For most people (myself included) a drastic change in mindset has to take place.  The simple change of the clock striking midnight on a certain day isn't enough.  If it were, most NYRs would last past January.  Resolutions that do last or succeed are normally started by more than the singing of that weird new year's eve song that everyone recognizes the tune of but nobody knows the words to (wait, here it is... "old acquaintance be forgotten, la la la, la la, la laaa).  For most people something out of the ordinary takes place or something causes them to wake up and get serious.

With that said, I have somewhat of a NYR that I kicked off this week.  I know I'll make it.  How do I know?  Because I started on the 28th of December.  That's right.  I had been realizing that things didn't quite fit the way they used to fit but, when my wife got me on the scale on the morning of Dec. 28th.  I weighed 213 pounds.  I know a lot of guys weigh 213, but, I'm only 5feet 7inches tall.  I wanted to puke.  I was so hacked off at myself for this that I decided a change needed to happen and it needed to happen right then.  I already exercise quite extensively but have a passion for eating.  That's right, right across the street from where I work out is a Taco Bell and I know I can pick up a #9 with a large sweet tea for $4.98 with tax included.  I love to exercise, but when it comes to food, I have the willpower of a crack addict.  Normally I only eat under certain conditions, like when I'm depresses, or happy, or bored, or working, or early in the mornings, or late at night.  See where I'm going?  At first, I thought that a lobotomy might be my best option.

Here's the deal... I need to weigh about 175 lbs.  So, how do I plan to do it?  A little at a time.  I'm figuring on an average of 2 lbs lost each week through May 10th, 2009.  Five months, I can do that.  I'll leave a quick update each Monday for those of you wondering if I can do it or not.  That will help me be accountable if I have to post my progress for all to see (well all 3 of you who read my blog that is).  I've thought about picking up a supplement for a head start.  I'm thinking that the quicker I see some results, the less likely I am to get discouraged.  I'd like some opinions on that.

Bottom line is this.  If you truly are tired of smoking, eating too much, not spending enough time with your family, not exercising, not giving 100% at your job, not spending enough time with God, whatever your NYR will be... If you really are serious, why wait 2 more days.  Wake Up! Start right now!!!

JC

No comments: